Anticoagulant Management Clinic (Protime or Coumadin Clinic) for the evaluation and management of blood-thinning medications.
Summit Cardiology at Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a specialty group of cardiologists dedicated to providing state-of-the-art cardiovascular care. The cardiologists in the group are board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty certification in cardiovascular disease. Individuals seeking cardiovascular evaluation may be seen either upon self-referral or referral from their primary physician.
Some of the special procedures and services provided by the group are listed below:
- Stress Testing for cardiac-risk assessment in individuals with coronary risk factors, and for evaluation of chest pain syndromes, and other cardiac symptoms.
- Nuclear Diagnostic Imaging, which combines stress testing with state-of-the-art radionuclide imaging to assess coronary blood flow, heart muscle function, and estimate an individual's risk of having a heart attack.
- Cardiac Angiography, Angioplasty & Stent-Placement for the diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease.
- Echocardiography, which uses cardiac ultrasound to evaluate heart structure and function.
- Holter Monitoring, which is a continuous recording of heart rhythm to evaluate palpitations, heart rhythm disorders, and fainting.
- Electrophysiologic Testing for advanced assessment of cardiac rhythm disturbances.
- Arrhythmia Management and Pacemaker and Defibrillator Placement for the treatment of heart rhythm disorders.
- Pacemaker Clinic for the assessment of pacemakers and defibrillator function.
- Vascular Diagnostic Testing for the noninvasive evaluation of vascular disease in the neck, abdomen, legs, and arms.
- Peripheral Vascular Angiography, Angioplasty, and Stent-Placement for the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
- Anticoagulant Management Clinic (Protime or Coumadin Clinic) for the evaluation and management of blood-thinning medications.
- Cholesterol Evaluation All our providers are trained in evaluation and management of cholesterol issues.